Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Boston and West Tragedies

photo courtesy of Sherry Morales "Altered Perfection"

When my brother-in-law was killed in a plane crash in 1978, there were many tears shed. We were talking with the pastor and my sister mentioned there was a scripture referencing God collecting tears in a jar. That was an ah-ha moment for me. I had not read that scripture, or if I had, it didn't click at the time. I have not forgotten that conversation and think now of those who lost loved ones in Boston, Massachusetts and West, Texas last week. God's bottle is surely overflowing.

My heart is broken for those folks. How the tears must be falling. Psalms 56:8 tell us that our tears don't fall upon the ground to be forgotten, but rather God collects them and records them in His book. As a Christian, I find hope and promise in his words. Tears are natural, necessary and good when we let them fall unto God.

David wept, Jesus, wept. To all those who are suffering, I pray they are letting their tears flow for He keeps track of our sorrows and collects our tears in a bottle.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this post. I have loved that Scripture since the first time I read it. Good to think of now with the tragic events that keep occurring. Just found your blog and like what you have been doing. I live in Midland, TX.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your kind thoughts.