Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Blogging ball, quilting fun . . .

I’m 61 and having a ball.
The blogging world has begun to call.

I know you have been breathlessly waiting.
To find out what I have been creating.

I’ve decided to give blogging a whirl.
Sure hope my words don’t make you hurl!

I hope you will follow me on my new journey,
With kind bits of wisdom and words that are not dirty.

So here we go, please read my first blog.

I’ll try really hard not be to be a blog slob.



My DGD was pleased with her bug quilt - my DGS not so much. I was certainly pleased considering what I tried to do to it before getting it quilted -- well scroll down and you will see what I mean.



You know that moment that time stops and you say OMgosh what did I just do! This was one of those. Thankfully I had fabric to fix the borders. 

Thanks for visiting, y'all come back now. There's never a dull moment in Texas.

6 comments:

  1. I know you must have been sick when you realized you had cut into your quilt. Cute pattern and fabric, she will enjoy it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kay Beth, I was physically sick for a minute, then I wanted to hit me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome..just like you! May have to start one for baby Weston Wayne. He will b her within 24hrs. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaci, I know you are super duper excited. Grandmothering is absolutely all it's cracked up to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Vonna
    What a fun blog! I used to make baby quilts for new babies in my family. But got too busy to continue many years ago. I've thought about making quilts for each of my daughters. Maybe... Have you ever read any of Jennifer Chaverini's books? Love them and how they bring quilting into the stories. Check out my blog: gmnite.wordpress.com. Not quilting, more zen-like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Vonna,
    I'm loving your blog, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your kind thoughts.