Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Waging War on the Bulge(s)

I have been fighting a losing battle of the bulge(s) for about 5 years now. I blame it on pre-menpause, post-menopause, pepsi-floats at midnight, Red Lobster rolls, my husband and his insatiable desire for Hersey Bars after supper, let's see oh yeah, and the fact that I sit on it for about 8 hours a day.

I needed intervention, so I joined Weight Watchers. I don't like counting, dieting, weighing, any of that stuff, but let's face it, it wasn't falling off in my sleep. Whoo hoo! 8 lbs. Oops, no gained 4 back. Shoot! Blogging is obviously not the only thing I need to get the hang of. But I'm trying, dad-gummit!

So I made this yummy sandwhich. I think I will eat it again. Notice the little bitty plate and the itty bitty mandarins, no chips, definitely no Hershey Bars. But I was filled up and powered up.

Broasted chicken skinned from HEB, red grapes, celery, almond slivers, bell pepper, a teeney bit of mayo, Sara Lee's 45 calorie wheat bread. I don't count points, but it was in range - it had to be it was so little. I licked my plate clean.

I promise to post a quilty thing next week. I have a new tool I want to share but have to use it first. I hope I don't make a total mess of it like I did with the Thangles this week. That's another post. You won't believe it. You might even cry. You will definitely say "oh no!"

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I would have probably had to have a few chips but I am going to try the sandwich - ;)
    Kay Beth

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your kind thoughts.